Saturday, April 23, 2011

Trees 1 Humans 1

It appears man and tree are doing battle outside my apartment window. 

Until yesterday, my view outside was primarily of the ugly green wall you see at bottom, but was enhanced by, what were, three beautiful tall palm trees which sat directly behind the yellow villa behind me.  They were as tall as the house and I'm sure provided some much needed shade from the summer haze-shine around here. 

Before I went to work yesterday, I noticed three guys constructing some scaffolding next to the left-most tree and was around long enough to see them cutting the fronds and thought they were just doing some tree trimming.  They trimmed alright; right down to the root.  All three trees are gone.

What's doubly weird is that at the same time I made notice of this today, I also saw for the first time the new tree they apparently planted just outside my window yesterday as well.  Until now, the area outside there was just dirt, but now it's got this big, beautiful tree from out of nowhere!


I'm not sure if both tree events are related or coincidental.  From the gym next door, it appears that, and I would expect, each tree event took place on separate pieces of property as the big ugly green fence splits them right down the middle.  Weird coincidence, eh? 

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, like the tree story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! Why would they cut down those palm trees?!? What a shame! I'm happy, however, that you have a nice new tree to look at as you browse around outside. Any idea what kind of tree it is?

    ReplyDelete