Thursday, April 21, 2011

Change of Plans

Tonight I got halfway through writing a post about today's lunch at Bun Bo Nam Bo Cafe next door to our office building.  Halfway through, I realized that the picture I had taken of, well, lunch didn't turn out.  Of course, writing about the main dish without the picture is like trying to pick a recipe out of a cookbook without knowing what it looks like.

So, I'm punting tonight.  I'll hold off on my "My Xau Bo" blog and instead post this picture I took outside my apartment tonight. 

Flower on a stick
I noticed it tonight for the first time and have noticed several small rose bushes and other flowers have all started blooming the last couple of days.

This flower stands about four feet tall and sits atop a tall green stem.  Pretty pretty, huh?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pretty flower right outside your door! That should brighten things up a little! I wish I had it here...it is gray, gloomy and depressing out my window and I don't like it one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It reminds me of a variation on allium - one of my favorites! Can't wait to see the pictures of lunch since you have chicken soup of breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is pretty! I'd like a translation for your lunch restaurant - Bun Bo Nam Bo - with your next post. Did they name it after me?

    ReplyDelete