Sunday, May 1, 2011

...and on the 67th day, there shall be Sun!

Until today, a nice day in Hanoi meant it was a relatively clear (ie, you could see across relatively small Tay Ho/West Lake), warm spring-like day...with haze.  Nary a beam of sunlight has been seen here since I arrived in January.  Hence, my elation at seeing the sun once again on my trip this weekend to Saigon.

I'm not sure if I just brought some of that nice weather back with me or what, but today, there were actually patches of blue in what is otherwise a forever gray Hanoi sky!  Hallelujah!

You can't see in the pic, but there are actually mountains off in the distance!
I wonder if anyone around here knew that?!

Not a big patch, but I'll take anything I can at this point!

'Hope everyone at home can enjoy a sunny Sunday of their own!

PS-if you're interested, Chi and I went back to the Fivi-Mart yesterday afternoon and she told me what all those strange products I mentioned earlier this week are.  I've updated that day's post ("Today at the Fivi-Mart") below in case you want to rush out and buy some "Want Want Shelly Senbei".

2 comments:

  1. Steve I can only imagine what seeing the sun again must have been like! It's just a darn good thing you don't have SADD, which is a for real malady and I suffer from it! I would not be fit to be around if I were in your shoes! We are having a beautiful sunny day here, and I'm very grateful! The TV said today that Yuma, AZ has the most sunny days in the US...90%. Guess I'll think about moving there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Want Want shelly Senbei a bread or a cookie or what? They look like muffin tops or thin buns or something like that. I think food in other countries is so fascinating. What does Want Want Shelly Senbei mean? Or don't these things translate????

    ReplyDelete