Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Xin Chao from Hanoi

After a all-too-short week in the States, I'm back in Vietnam having arrived late last night, so I'll do my best to get back in the daily posting mode.

In the meantime, this was my view this morning, looking west out my apartment window.  Below you can see the nurseries where all the Tet Trees are grown, so it's no wonder the neighborhood's so busy during the Chinese Lunar New Year (which will be in Late January of the coming year; I'm not sure how many shopping days that is from now, however, but mark your calendars!).


This also roughly marks the halfway point of my stay here in Hanoi as I plan to return to the US in late August.  I'll do my best to make the rest of my time here of sufficient interest to keep you all tuned in.

'Sure appreciate your reading; it's great to stay in touch with you all as I try to make the most of my experience here in Southeast Asia.

1 comment: